Need for Speed Shift is a racing simulator game that renews the usual style of the franchise changing the street racing format for a more professional type.
This new edition brings the user a new way of driving focused on real physics, more realistic than before. The theme of the tracks has turned into professional racing stages which are more usual of race simulators instead of arcade games. In Need for Speed Shift you will experience the real feeling of racing against the AI or your friends in its multiplayer mode.
This edition has focused on the gameplay feeling of real conduction with several cars and challenging tracks for hard-core gamers. Clearly different form its predecessors; the game bases its whole gameplay only in races. There is no plot behind, just cars among options for customising the vehicles and unlockeable new stages.
The recreation of the cars’ physics is really detailed as well as the cars themselves. Prepare your reflexes to rush to the first place improving your driving skills. Need for Speed Shift provides 19 tracks and more than 60 cars including stages like Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Silverstone and Nurburgring Nordschleife. The cars are classified into 4 different tiers. Among these cars are included Lamborghini Gallardo and Bugatti Veyron.
The graphical aspects of this game are very detailed. The light effects, the car designs and the stages are pretty good. The velocity feeling is improved with blur effects when the car accelerates. The vehicles can take damage and you will be able to see that in their chassis or in their broken glasses.
The soundtrack includes some hits of diverse bands like Kasabian, Gallows, Deadmau5 or Chase and Status. These music pieces help the player to feel what really speed is with fast rhythms.
Need For Speed Shift Features
It includes the following features:
- 3D HUD to make it more realistic
- Possibility of using more than 60 different cars such as Audi TT , BMW M3 or Lamborghini Gallardo
- More car customization options like tires, aerodynamics or alignment
- 19 different tracks with real-world locations such as Road America, Donington park or Nurburgring Nordschleife among others
- It determines automatically your profile as a professional driver
- Improved realism related to crashes
For further information, you can check developer’s website
Other exciting NFS games
- NFS Rivals: the latest installment of this racing series
- NFS Underground 2: a sequel which adds new racing modes and more tuning options
- NFS Most Wanted free download
- NFS Carbon edition
- NFS Undercover: a second generation game which went back to franchise's roots
- NFS Hot Pursuit 2 racing game for Windows
This new game is a great change into the franchise due to the professional racing theme and the style of gameplay that it brings to the audience. Feel how real driving is like a racing pilot with superb cars.
- Good graphics
- Number of tracks and cars
- Not very innovative