Need for Speed Most Wanted is the new release and the nineteenth installment in the long-running Need for Speed series. Developed by EA Black Box and Criterion Games and published by Electronic Arts, this videogame has received many positive reviews and won important awards since its release. For instance, it won the Spike Videogame Awards in 2012 for Best Driving Game and was nominated at the BAFTA Awards in 2013 for Best British Game and Best Online Multiplayer.
In this classic racing videogame you will be free to move around the city as you compete against other drivers. Although this title allows you to play by yourself with its single-player mode, you will always have an extra opponent while you drive. The police will try to chase and intercept you at all times, and will add extra adrenaline to the race.
The Graphics and soundtrack will allow you to drive and experience street racing like you are in a real chase
The graphics and soundtrack will allow you to drive and experience street racing like you are in a real chase. You can drive an Aston Martin v12 Vantage, a Porsche 911 Turbo S or a Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, among other vehicles, and try to complete every race event in the best possible position. If you finish these events in first or second place, you will be able to unlock performance mods for your vehicles. Just like in any other racing videogame, Need for Speed Most Wanted requires some practice in order to develop driving techniques through two areas in Fairhaven: Downtown and Four Bridges. The controls are intuitive and any player will be able to manage different vehicles after a few minutes. The objective is clear: speed up as fast as you can and take advantage of the open world to find hiding spots and avoid getting caught.
Differences between platforms
After the great success that was Need for Speed Most Wanted for PC and consoles, EA Swiss Sarl decided to launch it for mobile platforms. Developed by Firemonkeys, the mobile version offers a stunning racing experience on your 4 inch screen. This version has very good graphics and, of course, your favorite cars. The Corvette, M3, Mustang or Aventator brands are at your disposal. The gameplay remains the same; you need Speed Points to appear in the Most Wanted List. However, there is a drawback which may disappoint some players. The game is not as open-world as its PC and console versions. It is menu-based, with old-school races and action due to device limitations.
The controls of this version are simple. The acceleration of the cars is automatic, but apart from this, vehicles are quite controllable. To brake you just have to tap and hold the left side of the screen, to powerslide, tap and hold the right side. By swiping, you will be able to activate nitro boosts. The gyroscope in the device is useful, since you can use it to move your car, but a touch wheel is also available.
Need for Speed Most Wanted Features
Some of the unique features that Need for Speed Most Wanted provides are:
- Open world adventure where you have the freedom to drive where you want
- 4 different hot cars
- 2 areas in Fairhaven: Downtown and Four Bridges
- Single player mode with lots of action and adrenaline
- Autolog 2: display record speeds, pursuits, times and jump distances
- You can unlock performance mods to improve your vehicles
- You can earn up to 50,000 Speed Points
If you are interested in Need for Speed Most Wanted and you want more information before you download it, visit the .
The minimum system requirements to download and play this title on your PC are:
- Operating System: Windows Vista Service Pack 2 32Bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 @ 2.7 GHz
- RAM Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeFOrce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon 3870
- Hard Drive Space: 20 GB available
If you want to download this title for your mobile device, the minimum system requirements are:
- Operating System: Android 2.3 Gingerbread or later / iOS 4.0 or later
- Available Space: Android – 12 MB free / iOS – 637 MB free
Interesting NFS links
- The latest installment in the NFS series: NFS Rivals
- NFS Carbon free download
- NFS Shift edition
- Download NFS Underground 2 game
- NFS Undercover for Windows
- NFS Hot Pursuit 2: a classic game of the first era