Need For Speed Rivals is an open-world racing videogame developed by Ghost Games and published by Electronic Arts. It is the 20th installment of NFS franchise, andit brings back the “cops versus bad guys” style seen in Hot Pursuit. This title is available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and your PC.
Gameplay is split into two parts, giving gamers the opportunity to play on both sides of the law. You can play as racers, driving dangerously and winning illegal street races. Or play as a police officer trying to catch racers and run them off the road. Both paths offer different game modes, as well as different rewards and challenges.
Step on the Gas
Exotic cars and high velocity are the bread and butter of Need For Speed Rivals. This time you are free to drive in a huge open-world with more than 150 kilometers of roads (technically bigger than Most Wanted). This is an interesting aspect of the title, even more so if we take into account that there are no boundaries between offline and online modes, thanks to the AllDrive system. This release allows up to 6 players to share a game. They can be divided into racers and cops, and they will share the scenario with other AI controlled cars. This is an attractive introduction to the kind of videogames that we will see in the next generation.
Players can play as racers, driving dangerously and winning illegal races, or as police officers trying to catch racers and run them off the road.
If you play as a racer, you will have to complete races and events that will reward you with new levels and points. You will receive a certain amount of SpeedPoints, depending on your performance. Those points will allow you to buy new cars, unlock perks or new customization elements. The longer you stay on the road gathering points, the higher your multipliers will rise. But if you push your luck and you don’t bank the points at a safe house and the police catch you, you will lose all those SpeedPoints you earned. Cops don’t need to worry about races or points. They will have to patrol for speeding drivers or engage in pursuits. You cannot upgrade your vehicle as a Police Officer, but you will receive new ones when your arrest record improves.
Need For Speed Rivals Full Version Features
Here are some of the features of Need For Speed Rivals before you download it:
- A huge world: discover the roads of Redview County, the perfect place for speed driving
- Stunning graphics: Frostbite 3 graphics engine unleashes its potential, showing us every single vehicle and setting detail
- Exotic vehicles: you will find many prestigious manufacturers, such as Audi, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Porsche and Lamborghini
- Choose your side: play as a racer or a police officer. Each path has its own gameplay and challenges
- AllDrive System: online and offline modes are seamlessly blended together thanks to this technology
- Customize your vehicle: paint it with new colors, add predesigned patterns, vinyl graphics or customize your plates
- Defend yourself: equip yourself with EMPs, spike strips and many other offensive perks to take out your road rivals
If you are interested in Need For Speed Rivals and you need more information before you download it, feel free to check the developer’s official website.
The minimum system requirements to download and run this title are:
- Operating System: Windows XP or higher
- Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
- Ram Memory: 4 GB or higher
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
- Hard Disk: 30 GB free space available
Other NFS titles
- NFS Most Wanted 2012 edition
- NFS Shift: the first game of the third era
- Game NFS Undercover edition
- NFS Carbon game
- NFS Underground 2 for PC
- NFS Hot Pursuit 2 free download
Need for Speed Rivals: Blend of Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit!
By Elizabeth Tweetee
On Monday, March 9, 2015
Need for Speed franchise which so far witnessed the dawn of repetitive titles is changing the track through Rivals. The game blends free-roaming gameplay of Most wanted 2012 with the armed pursuit fun of Hot Pursuit 2010. Here’s my review after playing the game for a while!
• Use of industry-leading graphics technology takes the game to new levels of realism. EA could successfully implement the right lighting and shadows, which accurately reproduces colours. Astounding particle effects (spark, dust, dirt decals etc.) gives a Hollywood movie like feel to the game. Use of HQ textures is also appreciable!
• AllDrive system blurs the line between online and offline modes. Match your driving skills with up to 6 friends and AI controlled sportsters. EA lets even offline players taste a bit of social gaming experience by virtually reproducing online gameplay. AI controlled vehicles are purposefully presented like real-world players.
• Car customization has made a comeback through this game. Even though it is not enough to meet your greed as in NFS Shift, it comes with enough features to meet your need.
• Great control scheme lets you enjoy each drive even on keyboard
• Frostbite 3 does a great job in providing pure driving pleasure, aggressive tactics and use of pursuit tech
• Overlapping textures at certain places, especially on jump locations.
• Collision and damage are implemented poorly
• AI rubber-banding is clearly visible, and kills the fun of game
• Sound glitches on some PCs
• Few other errors and freeze issues
NFS Rivals is a milk shake of fun-packed pursuit from Hot Pursuit 2010 and open-world gameplay of Most Wanted 2012. The game seamlessly blends offline and online worlds. Frostbite 3 provides better physics compared to that of previous instalments of the franchise. I give this game 7.4 out of 10!
- Rivals boasts eye popping visual effects
- A number of exotic sportsters including ferrari models
- AllDrive system blurs the line between offline and online modes
- Car customization options that you'll love
- Sound glitches on some PCs
- Overlapping textures in certain areas
- AI rubber banding is not well implemented
Need For Speed Rival is Realistic and Thrilling than the rest of the NFS Series
By Beatrice Tan
On Friday, August 22, 2014
NFS Rivals Full Version is a racing video game released by Electronic Arts. What’s great about this game is it enables the player to switch and play from one role to another. It gives you the chance to play as a racer and drive dangerously to win in illegal races. You also have the opportunity to play as a cop and run after racers. Both roles have its own game play, challenges and rewards. It is also fun to be able to design your vehicle like paint it with new colors or customize your plates and choose from wide array of car manufacturers such as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Aston Martin and Porsche. You may also equip yourself for defense from your road rivals. Need for Speed Rivals enables group gaming which makes it a more thrilling game. It could be shared by 6 gamers and they may choose from being a cop to being a racer. Gamer may play either in offline or online mode, a feature developed by All Drive System. The graphics, sound and features give players an overall good gaming experience.
- Visuals and sound quality are good
- It enables single and multi player
- Vehicle sound effects are realistic
- There are only few options for vehicle customizations
- Requires high gaming computer to play at full effect
Need for Speed Rivals: A mix of Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit!
By Sachin Titus
On Friday, June 6, 2014
EA successfully mixed up all good features of previous Need for Speed games and created the most exhilarating and thrill packed need for speed game ever- The Need for Speed Rivals. The game has got the hair rising pursuits from NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 and the multiplayer features of NFS Most Wanted. You can take a free roam as in Most wanted, the feature which was absent in Hot Pursuit.
The main feature I love about the game is that we can start playing either as cop or racer. Race or free roam…It is your selection. You will be provided with a list of races available as in Most Wanted. Win them to unlock new cars or upgrades. Getting busted in racer mode or getting wrecked in cop mode-both causes the same thing-you will lose all your speed points that are not banked. This penalty system makes the game much closer to reality and therefore gets more seriousness in game plays. You can make a sneak peak at your friends’ multiplayer event during your game play. It is another plus point of this game.
There are so many improvements made from Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit. The main improvement lies in the graphics part. Cars and environments look absolutely stunning and each event will be a different experience to you. Even though they have super tuned the graphics, there is no FPS locks or bugs as in NFS Run. EA has maintained the EasyDrive system in Most Wanted where you get Maps, Races, Customizations and everything together. Controls are absolutely perfect.The biggest advancement of this game is that you get a whole new set of sports cars that you will never see in any other Need for Speed game.
Need for Speed Rivals opens a new world of thrill for all racing game fans. The game is surely a mix of Need for Speed Most Wanted and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and provides maximum driving fun. The new multiplayer system will be a new experience for you. So, take your seat, wear your helmets and start burning rubber. Good luck!
- Enhanced multiplayer experience in Rivals
- Pursuit is thrilling as in Hot Pursuit
- Open world game like Most Wanted
- Car sounds are close to the real
- Cars cannot be heavily customized
- Requires high end gaming rigs to play at full settings
- Events are very time taking